After a 3 month hiatus while I was on maternity leave I came back to work just in time to celebrate Computer Science Education Week by participating in the Hour of Code. At our school we had every grade level participate in a coding activity of some sort. We made use of the resources that code.org sent out in addition to some of our own. I mentioned my feelings about coding in a previous post and could not be more thrilled that the Hour of Code has received so much support and attention.
How Village School students are celebrating the Hour of Code:
- TK – Introduction to Bee-Bots
- K – Play Robot Turtles board game
- 1st & 2nd Grades – Light-Bot Basics and Procedures
- 3rd Grade – Tynker Puppy Adventure & Lost in Space
- 4th & 5th Grades – Code.org mazes #1-20
- 6th Grade – Continuing our ongoing Lego Robotics Unit
Even President Obama has joined the movement!
I love watching our students leave the technology lab proudly wearing these stickers
For more coding resources visit our Symbaloo page and click the code button. Happy coding!